[Snort-users] ERROR: Undefined variable name

dlimanov at ...11654... dlimanov at ...11654...
Wed Apr 21 14:48:03 EDT 2004

Installed Snort on RedHat 9 along with Apache, SSL, PHP, MySQL and Acid
per Patrick Harper's instructions from www.InternetSecurityGuru.com.
Everything went smooth but after I completed the whole process, Acid would
not display any alerts so I ran "snort ?c /etc/snort/snort.conf" to see
what's causing the problem and the error that got displayed was:
ERROR: Undefined variable name: (/etc/snort/snort.conf:458):
Fatal Error, Quitting..

I went to snort.conf and on line 458 I have the following line that is
there to log to MySQL database (it's the only one that's uncommented):
output database: log, mysql, user=snort password=mypassword dbname=snort
host=localhost

Everything looks correct to me and for the life of me I can't figure out
why snort is choking on it.
Any ideas?
Thanks,

Dimitri