[Snort-users] problems updating rules with oinkmaster

Gus Fritschie gfritschie at ...125...
Wed Apr 21 13:37:00 EDT 2004

I am running Snort 2.1.0 and Oinkmaster 0.9 my rules were updating fine, but
recently I do not seem to be getting any new rules when I attempt to update
them.  I have pasted what I get when I run the update script.  Any ideas?
Thanks!

[root at ...274... bin]# perl oinkmaster.pl -o /etc/snort/
Downloading rules archive from
http://www.snort.org/dl/rules/snortrules-snapshot-2_1.tar.gz... done.
Archive successfully downloaded, unpacking... done.
Processing downloaded rules... disabled 3, enabled 0, modified 0,
total=2035.
Setting up rules structures... done.
Comparing new files to the old ones... done.

[***] Results from Oinkmaster started Wed Apr 21 16:32:41 2004 [***]

[*] Rules modifications: [*]
    None.

[*] Non-rule line modifications: [*]
    None.