[Snort-users] possible php problem

Tue Apr 20 11:46:09 EDT 2004

Try a restart /etc/init.d/http restart.  If you did not restart the
server after the PHP install then the PHP module did not load.

Patrick S. Harper | CISSP RHCT MCSE
Information Security Engineer
patrick.harper at ...11593...

-----Original Message-----
From: dekid2 at ...5068... [mailto:dekid2 at ...5068...]
Sent: Tuesday, April 20, 2004 11:14 AM
To: snort-users at ...314...
Subject: [Snort-users] possible php problem

Hi,
I am installing snort and I'm having some problems when I get to the
point where you can test your Apache/php installation by creating the
test.php or using the Network Query Tool at
http://shat.net/php/nqt/nqt.php.txt .  When I go to the web page I see
only the text.  Any suggestions.  The web server is running fine and I
can see the generic apache page ok.  This is the second time I have
reached this point and experienced the same problem.  My hardware is
pretty low end P233, 256ram, but I don't think that has anything to do
with it.  Just makes it a little slow.

Any suggestions?  The php modules loads into the httpd.conf file
automatically and I verified it is there.  Does a process need to be
stopped and then restarted?  Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,
Jeff