[Snort-users] Leasing snort system

Jim Clews jclews at ...11054...
Tue Apr 20 03:56:02 EDT 2004

If you want to go down the WIN32 route, you could use EagleX which is
snort/acid/php/apache/mysql package with a single installer (and is free) It
takes about 10 minutes to install and configure.

For quick snort fixes it couldn't be easier...

http://www.engagesecurity.com/products/eaglex/

I'd like to know the opinion of the hardcore snort heads about this package,
as it doesn't get mentioned much (except by me!)

Cheers,

Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: Keith Loyd [mailto:Keith at ...11642...]
Sent: 20 April 2004 10:27
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Cc: m.guerendo at ...5068...
Subject: RE: [Snort-users] Leasing snort system

Mario,

Knoppix-STD v 0.1 has Snort 2.10 installed but I think you would have
trouble running it for 5 days if you are going to send a lot of traffic to
it.  You could try installing Knoppix to hard disk and would probably have
better results.

Another option is to try Patrick Harper's new installation document that
uses more RPM's and looks much easier to install.

http://www.internetsecurityguru.com/documents/Snort_SSL_Acid_FC1_From_RPM.pd

Regards,
Keith Loyd, CISSP, MCSE