[Snort-users] Snortcenter

AJ Butcher, Information Systems and Computing Alex.Butcher at ...11254...
Tue Apr 20 02:14:04 EDT 2004

--On 19 April 2004 12:33 -0500 Eric Hines <eric.hines at ...8860...>
wrote:

> We've had customers switch over to the Applied Watch Command Center due
> to the apparent reason that SnortCenter is no longer being maintained.

Snortcenter may or may not be maintained, but it /has/ been forked by Jason
Alexander. The sf page is at
<http://sourceforge.net/projects/snortcenter2/>. Probably the best version
of the console is the
<http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/snortcenter2/snortcenter-console-pat
ch/> CVS tree, which includes patches from myself and Dave Fennell to make
it work properly with recent versions of Snort 2.0.x and 2.1.x. The console
should be used with the existing snortcenter agent.

Additionally, I should soon be able to announce the public availability of
"UOBNIDS" - a set of (S)RPMs for Fedora Core 1 which allow a
Snort/ACID/Snortcenter/OSSIM box to be built quickly and easily, which a
fair amount of cross-integration between those packages (e.g. an '[edit]'
link next to alert entries in ACID that takes you to the rule editor of
Snortcenter). Watch this space!

> Regards,
> Eric Hines

Best Regards,