[Snort-users] Leasing snort system

James Riden j.riden at ...11179...
Mon Apr 19 15:58:11 EDT 2004

"Mario Guerendo" <m.guerendo at ...5068...> writes:

>    Hi Everyone,
>

>    I was just thinking, and was wondering if I could lease a working
>    snort system for approximately 5 days.  Just so I can collect data
>    like DoS (i.e. ping attacks).  I will actually generate those attacks
>    myself and record the response on snort.  I tried to configure snort
>    on my system but was never successful, I am running out of time.
>
>    Would anyone have such a system?  Basically configured to collect
>    intrusions (DoS preferably).  I just want to be able to send echos to
>    the system so I can collect them.  Thx.

If you can't find a pre-setup snort box for lease - Knoppix-STD is a
Linux distribution that boots of CD and has snort on I think. Then
you'd just need to find some generic leased equipment which should be
a little bit easier to get hold of.

cheers,
 Jamie
--
James Riden / j.riden at ...11179... / Systems Security Engineer