[Snort-users] help with mysql.php3 script problems

ultan lankford u_lankford at ...131...
Mon Apr 19 13:52:02 EDT 2004

first of running snort grand on REDHAT 9 have php and
apache installed and have snort loging into mysql
also have snortsam lsitening for snort alerts

have my own interface built but want to incorporate
some the mysql.php3 that comes with the snort tarball
into the front end of snort

however im getting some errors which i can not figure
out
these are mysql errors that are embedded in the
scriptand the only parameter i have changed is the
database name user, password and host(the only thing
you have to change really)

do i have to install the database extras in order for
thsi script to work!?

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a
valid MySQL result resource in
/root/user/www/snortmysql.php on line 123

Warning: mysql_free_result(): supplied argument is not
a valid MySQL result resource in
/root/user/www/snortmysql.php on line 100

Warning: mysql_free_result(): supplied argument is not
a valid MySQL result resource in
/root/user/www/snortmysql.php on line 98

the errors are the same really if i can sort out whats
wrong with one ill be able to sort out the whole thing

so what ye think sorry if posted before i did a
through search but didnt find anything at all, tid be
great if I could get this incorporated into my
frontend :)

oh i have php4.3.4 installed if it matters
is there a mysql.php4 out there??
the script is 4 years old so i was wondering maybe it
is the database schema that has changed

cheers again