[Snort-users] Low Snort performances

SN ORT snort_on_acid at ...131...
Mon Apr 19 13:16:02 EDT 2004

Libcap makes Linux slow, vs. BSD. I switched from
Linux to BSD due to Linux overhead and libcap. I don't
know why anyone would run Snort on Linux vs. FreeBSD.
Then I also got SMP so I went from 90% processor
utilization to two faster processors and now 5%
utilization each. Still on 100MB however. Can't help
you with the GB stuff.

Cheese!

Marc

>Message: 5
>Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 09:12:53 -0500 (CDT)
>Subject: RE: [Snort-users] Low Snort performances
>From: todb at ...11422...
>To: bwalder at ...1926...
>Cc: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net

>Bob wrote:

>> I am pretty sure SMP support has been around in
FreeBSD for longer than