[Snort-users] Snot Newb Question

Mon Apr 19 12:40:17 EDT 2004

Looks like your lines are wrapped.  If you are using SSH open the window
to full screen and it will be easier to work with. Like below.

output database: log, mysql, user=snort password=password dbname=snort
host=localhost

# output database: alert, postgresql, user=snort dbname=snort

# output database: log, unixodbc, user=snort dbname=snort

# output database: log, mssql, dbname=snort user=snort password=test

-----Original Message-----
From: Shaun Gray [mailto:SGray at ...11672...]
Sent: Monday, April 19, 2004 11:46 AM
To: Bryan Irvine
Cc: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: RE: [Snort-users] Snot Newb Question

Please forgive my questions as I am very used to the M$ and Novell NOS.
Now I have uncommented that line and when I run snort -c
/etc/snort/snort.conf there is a fatal error at the end.  It says
"Undefined Variable /etc/snort/snort.conf:448". When I comment that line
out again it runs fine.  I am assuming that my path may be off a bit,
but too me it appears correct.  I have pasted below.

Thanks,

Shaun

# database: log to a variety of databases #
# See the README.database file for more information about configuring #
and using this plugin.
#
output database: log, mysql, user=snort password=password dbname=snort
host=localhost # output database: alert, postgresql, user=snort
dbname=snort # output database: log, unixodbc, user=snort dbname=snort #
output database: log, mssql, dbname=snort user=snort password=test

Disclaimer: