[Snort-users] Snot Newb Question

Mon Apr 19 12:38:02 EDT 2004

Did you enter a different password for the snort user and the root user
in mysql? (these are different then the system accounts)  log onto mysql
(mysql -u root -p) and re-enter the line for giving the snort user a
password if you can't get it working.

-----Original Message-----
From: Shaun Gray [mailto:SGray at ...11672...]
Sent: Monday, April 19, 2004 1:22 PM
To: Harper, Patrick; bryan.irvine at ...9066...
Cc: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: RE: [Snort-users] Snot Newb Question

Patrick,

I am using your write up for the Redhat installation and I followed it
exactly.  I commented out that particular line and I get this message

"Error: database: mysql_error. Access Denied for use: snort at ...274...
(using password: YES)"

When I run "snort -c /etc/snort/snort.conf"

If I am using the wrong password is there a way to reset this.

Thanks,

Shaun

Disclaimer: