[Snort-users] Snot Newb Question

Shaun Gray SGray at ...11672...
Mon Apr 19 10:46:22 EDT 2004

-----Original Message-----
From: Bryan Irvine [mailto:bryan.irvine at ...9066...]
Sent: Monday, April 19, 2004 12:57 PM
To: Shaun Gray
Cc: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: RE: [Snort-users] Snot Newb Question

this part:
###BEGIN PASTE###
# database: log to a variety of databases
# ---------------------------------------
# See the README.database file for more information about configuring
# and using this plugin.
#
# output database: log, mysql, user=snort password=secret dbname=snort
host=localhost
# output database: alert, postgresql, user=snort dbname=snort
# output database: log, unixodbc, user=snort dbname=snort
# output database: log, mssql, dbname=snort user=snort password=test
###END PASTE###

You havn't set snort to log to a database.

uncomment the appropriate line (hint: probably the first line) and
modify to match your DB.

-Bryan