[Snort-users] Snortcenter

Eric Hines eric.hines at ...8860...
Mon Apr 19 10:34:09 EDT 2004

We've had customers switch over to the Applied Watch Command Center due
to the apparent reason that SnortCenter is no longer being maintained.
Although, I am not an authoritative person on that, you might want to
contact the maintainer. However, several of our new customers are
switching over to Applied Watch because of the very issues you
mentioned.

Regards,
Eric Hines
CEO, President
Applied Watch Technologies, Inc.
http://www.appliedwatch.com

-----Original Message-----
From: jeep 94 [mailto:lowjeep94 at ...125...]
Sent: Monday, April 19, 2004 9:21 AM
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Snort-users] Snortcenter

Is snortcenter still maintaned? I have installed the latest version and
I noticed the patch to download new rules is incorrect. I changed the
rules location but it give the following error when I try to update from
the internet:

Database ERROR:Database ERROR:You have an error in your SQL syntax.
Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the
right syntax to use near ''global \'' at line 1

Information:
Redhat Fedora (all updates applying to install)
MySQL Ver 12.22 Distrib 4.0.18, for pc-linux (i686)
PHP Version  4.3.2
SnortCenter v0.9.4

Any ideas? Thank.

MSN Toolbar provides one-click access to Hotmail from any Web page -
This SF.Net email is sponsored by: IBM Linux Tutorials Free Linux
tutorial presented by Daniel Robbins, President and CEO of GenToo
technologies. Learn everything from fundamentals to system