[Snort-users] Low Snort performances

Mon Apr 19 02:25:15 EDT 2004

Ciao!

Snort's "performance" mostly depends on how many rules you have
activated. After setting your ruleset you may try to tune other
parameters, using fast alerting, barnyard, giving your preprocessors
more memory etc. Also using a good supported NIC is important, as well
as some kernel parameters. Anyway, there are many discussions covering
this, so you may also find one or another hint in one of the older
postings.

Regards,
Edin

--