[Snort-users] Snortcenter?

AJ Butcher, Information Systems and Computing Alex.Butcher at ...11254...
Mon Apr 19 01:49:12 EDT 2004

--On 16 April 2004 12:35 +0200 "Steffen Maetzky (extern)"
<Steffen.Maetzky at ...11508...> wrote:

> I have found a modified version of snortcenter on:
>
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/snortcenter2/%3E,
>
> but this seems to be for windows only.

Use the original snortcenter agent, but use the latest CVS of the
snortcenter2 console (i.e.
<http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/snortcenter2/snortcenter-console-pat
ch/>). The console is written in PHP, so it's cross-platform. The CVS
should work fine with both version 2.x and 2.1 of snort. 2.1 support is a
bit sketchy for now (it doesn't handle multiple pcre checks ideally), but
it shouldn't trash your rules, at least. ;-)

> Thanks in advance,
> Steffen

Best Regards,
Alex.