[Snort-users] Problem patching Snort

Frank Knobbe frank at ...9761...
Fri Apr 16 17:43:03 EDT 2004

On Fri, 2004-04-16 at 19:15, Antonio Eugenio Villar wrote:
> Well I got this problem also. It seems the script
> patchsnort is not seting the correct version. In my
> case I was using snort 2.1.0. To solve the problem I
> just included a line 'snortversion="2.0"' before line
> 'case $(snortversion) in' to force it to recognize my
> snort version. I do not remember if I had to change
> something else but try and let me know if it works.

Actually, a check for 2.0 was added shortly after Snort 2.0 came out (at
2003/04/19 22:04:08 to be exact :)

I ran a test this afternoon, and patched a fresh Snort 2.1 version
without a problem. If you use an older version of patchsnort.sh, get the
latest from the website, FTP or CVS.

The following works fine:

# cvs -d :pserver:anonymous at cvs.snort.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/snort co
-r SNORT_2_1 snort
# cvs -d :pserver:anonymous at ...11551...:/cvsroot co snort-plugin
# cd snort-plugin
# chmod +x patchsnort.sh
# ./patchsnort.sh ../snort
# cd ../snort
# ./autojunk.sh
# ./configure <your options here>
# make

Cheers,
Frank

--
Warning at the Gates of Bill:
Abandon hope, all ye who press <ENTER> here...