[Snort-users] Problem patching Snort

Frank Knobbe frank at ...9761...
Fri Apr 16 14:40:01 EDT 2004

On Fri, 2004-04-16 at 11:31, d.deboni at ...11639... wrote:
> When I try to patch snort with this file
> http://www.snortsam.net/files/snort-plugin/snortsam-patch.tar.gz
> ./patchsnort.sh /usr/local/snort-2.1.2/src
>

> But I get this error message:
>
> Patching Snort version 1.8...
> patching file spo_alert_fwsam.c
> patching file spo_alert_fwsam.h
> patching file twofish.c
> patching file twofish.h
> patching file plugbase.c
> Hunk #1 FAILED at 105.
> 1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file plugbase.c.rej
> patching file plugbase.h
> Hunk #1 FAILED at 67.
> 1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file plugbase.h.rej
> Patching Makefiles...
> Done

I don't get those reject files. It patches cleanly for me. Please see
the email I sent you privately. Do a fresh CVS checkout of Snort, CVS
checkout the snort-plugin from Snortsam, then patch. Builds cleanly
here.

Regards,
Frank

--
Warning at the Gates of Bill:
Abandon hope, all ye who press <ENTER> here...