[Snort-users] [OT] What happened to Erek?

Matt Kettler mkettler at ...4108...
Fri Apr 16 14:33:02 EDT 2004

At 01:57 PM 4/15/2004, David wrote:

>This is mildly OT,
>

>But has anyone heard from/seen/played the drinking game with Erek
>recently?  He used to be in here all the time, but I haven't seen him
>reply in months.

Agreed, I've been wondering that too. I miss having Erek's helpful smiling
ascii on the list :)

Doing some google's I've at least seen some evidence of Erek existing
elsewhere on the net more recently than he's been on the snort list. His
last snort post was 2/26, but there's been signs of him on some other
mailing lists on 3/27/2004.

That at least suggests to me he's alive and healthy enough to work a
computer, which is comforting enough for me.

Perhaps he's taking a break from snort-users for a bit (and given all he's
done to help here it would be very well earned), or suffering from limited
internet connectivity, or maybe he's just busy enjoying more of "real life".

Whatever the case, he does seem to be OK, and I wish him well in whatever
he's off doing.