[Snort-users] Two easy questions

dlimanov at ...11654... dlimanov at ...11654...
Thu Apr 15 09:35:06 EDT 2004

New to the list and tried archives but didn't get the answers I was
looking for..
1. Does anyone have a list of steps necessary to harden the OS prior to
installing Snort? Or will standard "Securing Linux" checklist is adequate
enough?
2. Is there a IDSCenter alternative for Linux? I'm trying to get a
user-friendly, no-nonsense GUI interface for managing snort and its
configuration. I've looked at various free products and few commercial
ones but they do appear a bit complicated for a non-Linux guru. I don't
need advanced functionality of SourceFire or PureSecure; IDSCenter (the
way it looks and operates on Windows) would be the optimal solution for my
testing environment.
Thanks in advance!

Dimitri