[Snort-users] Problem compiling MySQL Support into Snort

Thu Apr 15 06:39:07 EDT 2004

http://www.ntsug.org/docs/snort_acid_mandrake.pdf

Did you compile mysql, download the binary distro, or install with the
OS?  If you did it with the OS I believe it is path is /bin

Patrick S. Harper | CISSP RHCT MCSE
Information Security Engineer
patrick.harper at ...11593...

-----Original Message-----
From: Tony Howlett [mailto:thowlett at ...11645...]
Sent: Wednesday, April 14, 2004 3:04 PM
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Snort-users] Problem compiling MySQL Support into Snort

Ive been trying to compile MySQL support into Snort and running into the
"MySQL Support is not compiled into this build of snort" error but ive
been running configure with --with-mysql and every path i can think of.
Ive seen this problem mentioned several times in the archives but I cant
find any answers to it.  My enviroment is:

Mandrake 10
Snort 2.1.1
MySQL 4.0.1

Ive built Snort in the past this way with no problems on past version
with no problems.  Any suggestions?