[Snort-users] snort alerts backup

Guillaume Arcas guillaume.arcas at ...953...
Tue Apr 13 23:08:06 EDT 2004

agnelo d a dit :
> Hi,
>      I've installed acid and mysql on linux 8. I need to take backup of
> snort acid database alerts on dat drive. Which files should I backup.

You'll have to backup files under /var/lib/mysql/[snort_db_name].

Take time to read the MySQL docs about DB backup, as if not well done,
backup data can be inconsistent and unusable.

Best source before planning your backup is :
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/Backup.html

Regards,

--
Guillaume Arcas