[Snort-users] Using Snort with WhatsUp Gold?

Guillaume Arcas guillaume.arcas at ...953...
Tue Apr 13 22:47:07 EDT 2004

Paul Martin a dit :

> Also, I checked the SNMP log file in WhatsUp Gold, and saw this:
>
> 20040413 151016 SNMP Trap Server Plugin: Bind error 10048 (162)
>
> This appears to show that WhatsUp couldn't bind to port 162, but I don't
> know why.  Netstat didn't show anything bound to that port already.  Any
> assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Does WhatsUp have the right to bind to this port ? Maybe needs to be run
(or launch and then leave this identity thereafter) as root to bind itself
on ports above 1024.

--
Guillaume Arcas