[Snort-users] libmysqlclient.so.12

Nicholas Brawn ncb at ...11617...
Fri Apr 9 07:22:01 EDT 2004

Quick and dirty solution:

root# ln -s /usr/local/mysql/lib/libmysqlclient.so.12
/usr/lib/libmysqlclient.so.12

Alternatively, depending on your platform you need to edit the
ld.so.conf file, so your operating system knows where to look for
libraries.

In linux this is /etc/ld.so.conf, in the BSD's it's usually in
/etc/rc.conf (or /etc/defaults/rc.conf), not sure what it is on solaris
off the top of my head.

I usually use the symlink trick when I run into that issue, solves the
problem quickly.

Cheers,
Nick