[Snort-users] Binding snort to multiple interfaces

eamonn doyle edoyle at ...11544...
Wed Apr 7 14:49:04 EDT 2004

I asked this same question last week so I think I know the answer now.

Patrick is right, run 2 snort processes, here is what I use it will get you
the eth0 and eth1 you want to differentiate between the interfaces.

/usr/local/bin/snort -d -i eth0 -I -D
/usr/local/bin/snort -d -i eth1 -I -D
/usr/local/bin/snort -d -i eth2 -I -D

This works for me, I run it from the directory that contains the conf file and
the same conf file is used for all instances.

Eamonn