[Snort-users] problem creating database

Frank Meerkoetter frank at ...11595...
Wed Apr 7 14:27:10 EDT 2004

On Tue, Apr 06, 2004 at 02:55:06PM -0300, Laura del Pino wrote:
Hello,

> Hello people, i had snort running fine until yesterday when i decided to
> clear all the tables rows ... whenever i wanted to start snort some
> error message came up so ... i decided to delete the snort database ...
>
> now i want to create again that database with the following command (the
> same command i've used before):
>
> /usr/local/mysql/bin/mysql -u root -p < ./contrib/create_mysql snort
>
> But i get this error:
>
> ERROR 1049: Unknown database "snort"
>
> Can anyone give me a clue of what is going on?

If you have a look at the create_mysql script you will see, that it only
does the table setup. It doesn't the create the snort database.

So if you've deleted the snort database you will have to recreate it,
before using the script.

HTH Frank Meerkoetter
--
mixed emotions:
	Watching a bus-load of lawyers plunge off a cliff.