[Snort-users] Binding snort to multiple interfaces

Patrick Harper patrick.harper at ...11593...
Wed Apr 7 13:15:05 EDT 2004

Run two instances of snort, one for each interface.

Patrick S. Harper | CISSP RHCT MCSE
patrick.harper at ...11593...

-----Original Message-----
From: heric-dated-1083277626.193075aa63e273 at ...11523...
[mailto:heric-dated-1083277626.193075aa63e273 at ...11523...]
Sent: Tuesday, April 06, 2004 9:39 PM
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Snort-users] Binding snort to multiple interfaces

Is there a way to bind snort to multiple interfaces *and* report back
the interface traffic was logged on? I have seperate unidirectional
interfaces in a FreeBSD machine; I *can* bridge the two interfaces
together, but then I don't get the interface listed in the alerts file
(which defeats my desire to see the vector).

Just curious - - thanks.

- Eric