[Snort-users] Snort database problem

Mark Fagan r00t at ...10564...
Tue Apr 6 12:08:01 EDT 2004

Laura,

you need to re-create the snort database before you populate it:

/usr/local/mysql/bin/mysql -u root -p

mysql>create database snort;

You can then set your permissions, then populate the database.

The problem here is you actually deleted the database, so it dont exist
anymore ... hence the error: ERROR 1049: Unknown database "snort"

Cheers

Mark