[Snort-users] display/log IPv6 traffic

Akolinare at ...158... Akolinare at ...158...
Tue Apr 6 08:52:02 EDT 2004

Hi,

I tested a little IPv6 only network these days to have a look about the new
protocol.

On one host I though it would be nice to log the IPv6 traffic using snort.
But if I started snort (version 2.1.2) in verbose or logging mode no
information about the caputured packets were displayed or logged. But in the final
statistic the corrected number of passed packets is displayed. (IPv6: 6
(100.000%))

My Questions :

- is it possible to display the IPv6 pakets ? (verbose mode)
- is it possible to capture the IPv6 pakets ? (logging mode)
- if so, have I to turn on any additional options ?

I dont want to apply rules or sigantures on IPv6 packets

thanks for any commentary

  Markus

--
NEU : GMX Internet.FreeDSL