[Snort-users] Snort is running, what else can I do now?

Fragoso, Nils (Copenhagen) Nils.Fragoso at ...11570...
Mon Apr 5 06:51:48 EDT 2004

Hi Guys,

I've setup Snort, PHP, Apache, Mysql and Acid  on a Linux (RH 9.0). I've
followed an installation manual wrote by Patrick Harper, that I found on
www.internetsecurityguru.com <http://www.internetsecurityguru.com> , which,
by the way, is a very good guide.  Snort is running fine and I'm able to get
the "bad" packets.
But now I need to update the rules, what is the best way to do this? And how
can I do this?
How about to use Snort to stop the attacks? Is any way it can do this?
I'm not a Linux "super user", so please send me detailed instructions, if
you want to help me.
Thanks in advance.

Nils

This e-mail and its attachments may contain Right Management Consultants,
Inc. proprietary information, which is PRIVILEGED, CONFIDENTIAL, or subject
to COPYRIGHT belonging to Right Management Consultants, Inc. This e-mail is
intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is
addressed.  If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, or the
employee or agent responsible for delivering this e-mail to the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution,
copying, or action taken in relation to the contents of and attachments to
this e-mail is STRICTLY PROHIBITED and may be UNLAWFUL.  If you have
received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and
permanently delete the original and any copy of this e-mail and any
printout. Thank You.