[Snort-users] Barnyard snorts, but no Alerts cached

Michael Miller michael.miller at ...9988...
Fri Apr 2 11:22:03 EST 2004

I had everything up and running smoothly but ran into a snag when trying to
configure barnyard for a second sensor. Left with a database that had an
extra 500,000 events I couldn't see, I dropped and recreated the database
with the scripts from the controb folder in snort 2.1.0.

Now barnyard sees new logs, says it imports them, and ACID's Total Events
log climbs, but when I press Update Alert Cache, no alerts get added to the
cache.

I've dropped and recreated the database, recompiled barnyard, reinstalled
Acid..., poked around the database with mysqlcc and am at an impasse.