[Snort-users] Snort + acid + mysql

Nils Fragoso nils at ...11552...
Fri Apr 2 09:41:01 EST 2004

Hi Guys,

I've setup Snort, PHP, Apache, Mysql and Acid  on a Linux (RH 9.0). I've followed an installation manual wrote by Patrick Harper, that I found on www.internetsecurityguru.com, which, by the way, is a very good guide.  Snort is running fine and I'm able to get the "bad" packets.
But now I need to update the rules, what is the best way to do this? And how can I do this?
How about to use Snort to stop the attacks? Is any way it can do this?
I'm not a Linux "super user", so please send me detailed instructions, if you want to help me.
Thanks in advance.

Nils