[Snort-users] Missing table for Acid and Snort

William Hillis will.hillis at ...758...
Fri Apr 2 07:43:04 EST 2004

The error Message

The underlying database snort at ...11548... appears to be incomplete/invalid

Database ERROR:Table 'snort.iphdr' doesn't exist

It might be an older version. Only alert databases created by Snort
1.7-beta0 or later are supported

__

Situation / background

The system worked fine until there was a power failure, the database was
corrupted and I was unable to recover.  I rebuilt the database with the
mysql script included with acid but like the error message says, that table
doesn't exist in the script either.

Does anyone know why this table is not created in the script?

Thanks,
Will

__

System info below:

Windows 2000 Server

-*> Snort! <*-
Version 2.0.5-ODBC-MySQL-MSSQL-FlexRESP-WIN32 (Build 98)
By Martin Roesch (roesch at ...1935..., www.snort.org)
1.7-WIN32 Port By Michael Davis (mike at ...92..., www.datanerds.net/~mik
1.8 - 2.0 WIN32 Port By Chris Reid (chris.reid at ...3029...)

mysql  Ver 12.22 Distrib 4.0.17, for Win95/Win98 (i32)