[Snort-users] Installing Snort on OpenBSD based on RH WS3 or FreeBSD doc's on snort site

Jacob, Raymond A Jr raymond.jacob at ...7622...
Thu Apr 1 16:31:13 EST 2004

I am trying to figure what packages to install to get an OpenBSD
box up and running. I was planning on manually downloadind and installing
the following packages based on the RH WS3 document
http://www.internetsecurityguru.com/documents/snort_acid_rhws3.pdf
using the following shell script.

set HTTP_Proxy=http://proxy
wget http://www.snort.org/dl/snort-2.1.2.tar.gz
wget http://mysql.secsup.org/Downloads/MySQL-5.0/mysql-debug-5.0.0-alpha-unknown-openbsd3.4-i386.tar.gz
wget http://www.apache.org/dist/httpd/apache_1.3.29.tar.gz
wget http://www.modssl.org/source/mod_ssl-2.8.16-1.3.29.tar.gz
wget http://www.php.net/distributions/php-4.3.5.tar.gz
wget http://phplens.com/lens/dl/adodb421.tgz
wget http://www.snort.org/dl/contrib/data_analysis/acid/acid-0.9.6b23.tar.gz
wget ftp://ftp.info-zip.org/pub/infozip/zlib/zlib-1.1.4.tar.gz
wget http://members.chello.se/jpgraph/jpgdownloads/jpgraph-1.14.tar.gz
wget http://www.tcpdump.org/release/libpcap-0.8.3.tar.gz

and burning the packages to CDs and installing them on the box, so I don't have
to connect to the network until acceptance testing complete.

Since, I am under the gun so I may have to connect to the network to get the
snort, acid, apache,... installed. If I have to do this I was planning
on using the ports system mentioned in the document based on FreeBSD to install the packages
http://www.snort.org/docs/FreeBSD47RELEASE-Snort-MySQLVer1-3.pdf
and run the following commands.

1. Change directory to /usr/ports/www/mozilla
2. make install clean
1. Change directory to /usr/ports/ftp/wget
2. make install clean
1. Change directory to /usr/ports/graphics/phplot
2. make WITH_X11=yes
3. When presented with a menu of options to configure into phplot, choose GD 2,
then hit ok.
4. make install clean
1. Change directory to /usr/ports/databases/adodb
2. make install clean
1. Change directory to /usr/ports/security/stunnel
2. make install clean
1. Change directory to /usr/ports/security/snort
2. make -DWITH_MYSQL -DWITH_FLEXRESP ; make install
3. cp /usr/ports/security/snort/work/snort-1.9.0/contrib/create_mysql /tmp
1. Change directory to /usr/ports/security/acid
2. make install clean

question: What packages(and locations) are need to install Snort, Acid, Apache,
PCAP, adodb, (mozilla), get, phplot/zlib/jpgraph, php on an OpenBSD system?

thank you,
Raymond