[Snort-users] Single Snort instance with multiple configurations (output)

Jukka Juslin jtjuslin at ...7943...
Tue Sep 30 08:48:05 EDT 2003

Dear all,

Slightly related to the message below from Frank Knobbe, I would like to
know is is possible to start one instance of Snort with multiple
configurations (and therefore probably multiple output places)?

I/we are interested in having separate output for inbound and outbound
alerts (to be able to first consider the inbound alerts and automatically
update the outbound).

We wouldn't like to have 2 or more Snort instances running, becaus ein
that case they will naturally fight for common resources (reading from the
network interface etc).

So, can somebody possibly help and tell if multiple configurations are
possible?

Thanks,
Jukka