[Barnyard-users] Re: [Snort-users] barnyard logging problems

Andrew R. Baker andrewb at ...950...
Fri Sep 26 08:03:28 EDT 2003

Bamm Visscher wrote:
> Just to clarify, you can't have more than one instance of barnyard using the same sid (sensor id), reporting to the DB. You can, however, have many different barnyard procs using a different sids reporting to the same DB. And I also just noticed that in the config files below, you ARE using different sids. (Note to self, don't reply to emails until AFTER the first cup of coffee. Are you sure that none of your other sensors aren't using the sid '3'?

Actually, we cannot be sure that they are both using different
sensor_ids.  config #1 is using sensor_id #4, config #2 is querying the
database for the sensor id based on the tuple of hostname, interface,
and filter.