[Snort-users] Snort Install on FreeBSD

Michael Sconzo msconzo at ...5072...
Fri Sep 26 06:06:15 EDT 2003

Here is a brief How-To that I put together for configuring
Snort+ACID+Postgresql etc... on FreeBSD.  It assumes a basic working
knowledge of FreeBSD (and the ability to use the ports system).

Any freedback would be greatly appreciated.  There are still a few issues
that I'm trying to resolve.  For example, whenever I HUP the Snort process
to give up the file handle, it creates a new connection to the
database...and Postgresql doesn't release the old 'connection'

So, let me know what you think.
Thanks,
-Mike