[Snort-users] install on solaris9

John Sage jsage at ...2022...
Wed Sep 24 11:39:12 EDT 2003

What in heaven's name are you talking about?

On Wed, Sep 24, 2003 at 05:43:47PM +0200, Guillaume Rix wrote:
> Mr Sage!!
>
> When you send an e-mail to this mailling-list with a very very big
> (739Ko) attachment as my previous e-mail,
> a admin of this list block this e-mail and decide if yes or no the mail
> can be send to everyone.
> I understand your nervousness for this little little problem,
> but do you think that every single subscriber of this list is concerned
> by all mails of this list ?

/* snip */

My reply to you contained no attachments:

My outbox:

312 F Sep 24 To Guillaume Ri (39) Re: [Snort-users] install on solaris9

39 lines in length..

The contents of my reply:

I  1 <no description>           [text/plain, 7bit, us-ascii, 1.1K]

1.1k in size, total..

The body of my reply, in its entirety:

Why do you assume that -> every single subscriber <- to this list
wants a copy of your documentation?

Rather than sending the entire f'ing *.pdf as an attachment, wouldn't
it have been somewhat more thoughtful to just post a link?

I mean, it does have a rather narrow audience...

Just MHO...

On Wed, Sep 24, 2003 at 09:02:16AM +0200, Guillaume Rix wrote:
> I wrote a documentation for install snort-acidmysal-apache, etc
> ... on Solaris 9 Sparc.
> it's working with snort 2.0.2 too.
>
> Thank you for your feedback/remarks/comments.
>
> --
>                             ____ _ __ __   |
> Guillaume Rix               / __// / //  \  |
> Technical Support Engineer _\_ \/ / // / /  |
> SunONE - A Division of     \___/\__//_/_/   |
>                            Microsystems    |

- John
--
"Warning: time of day goes back, taking countermeasures."

/* etc */

it is interesting to note that you continue to send Window$-based
email from a Window$ desktop OS:

/* snip */