[Snort-users] oh, come on

Raymond Norton admin at ...10144...
Wed Sep 24 11:30:09 EDT 2003

Being the novice I am with compiling and diagnosing errors I was really
proud of myself when I followed the redhat 9.0 install docs and got
everything working. httpd, mysql, and snort are all running without
complaint. I pulled up the nice acid page and commenced to do a port scan,
but snort does not respond to it. My page stays the same (0 hits). I looked
over the faq to see what might be there, and verified that I have everything
set right. I substituted "log" with "alert" in the snort.conf without any
luck.

Any idea what I should be looking at to diagnose the problem?

Raymond