[Snort-users] Snort Error -

Messay ramesis1 at ...131...
Wed Sep 24 08:37:06 EDT 2003

Sorry I forgot to mention clearly that I am running SUSE 8.2.

I am somewhat a novice with Snort on Linux. I have installed  snort-2.0.2.tar.gz and libpcap-0.7.2.tar.gz on Suse Linux 8.2. I'm running a laptop with 3com pcmcia card.
(model: 3CCFE575CT). I have win xp on the same machine and have no problems with snort (win version)
I have followed all proper directions for installing snort on Linux and have received no errors during the process. However when I try to run snort i get the following error
Error: Failed to lookup for interface: no suitable device found. Please specify one with -i
switch. Fatal Error, Quitting...
If anybody has any information or suggesting regarding the error I would appreciate some feedback. Thanks

-Messay