[Snort-users] snort 2.0.2 installation question

al h kocoza at ...125...
Tue Sep 23 05:36:26 EDT 2003

I tried to install Snort 2.0.2 on Redhat 9, using Patrick Harper's Snort
Install Manual with the following packages:
acid-0.9.6b23
adodb370
httpd-2.0.47
mysql-4.0.15

Everything seems to be running fine before I did the final reboot.  After I
reboot and run the ACID on the browser, it gave me the following errors:
Warning: mysqp_pconnect(): Lost connection to MySQL server during query in
/www/htdocs/adodb/drivers/adodb-mysql.inc.php on line 251
Check the DB connections variables in acid_conf.php

I had checked the user name and password in acid_conf.php, it was the same
as the username and passowrd in MySQL.

Thanks in advance.

Al