[Snort-users] snort 2.0.2 make fails (ScanMail Approved)

Erek Adams erek at ...950...
Sat Sep 20 01:01:05 EDT 2003

On Fri, 19 Sep 2003 Erin.Shelton at ...10121... wrote:

> I'm trying to build snort 2.0.2 on Solaris 8 x86; configure seems to
> complete OK, but make fails with the following error message:
>
> "make: Fatal error in reader: Makefile, line 484: Unexpected end of line
> seen"
>
> a vi of the Makefile shows this on line 484:
>
> $(distdir)/verstuff.pl $(distdir)
>
> Has anyone else seen this yet?

Are you using the default Sun make?  I've seen it do some rather odd
things.  I usually suggest installing Gnu make as 'gmake' in /usr/local/
and placing /usr/ccs/bin last in your path.

Give that a try and see if it helps.

Cheers!

-----
Erek Adams