FW: [Snort-users] Several Questions About Snort Operation

Kaplan, Andrew H. AHKAPLAN at ...10063...
Fri Sep 19 12:59:59 EDT 2003

From: Kaplan, Andrew H.
Sent: Friday, September 19, 2003 9:01 AM
To: 'jon baer'
Cc: 'snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net'
Subject: RE: [Snort-users] Several Questions About Snort Operation

Hi Jon,

I ran a check of the snort.conf file and everything appears to be in order.
Just in case I missed something,
I've included it as an attachment in this e-mail for your perusal. As far as
eth0 running in promiscuous mode,
the syntax you mentioned in your e-amil had been entered into the rc.local
file. I checked the /var/log/messages
file, and confirmed that eth0 was running in promiscuous mode. Thanks again
for the help.