[Snort-users] Mac OS X

Donofrio, Lewis donofrio at ...1052...
Fri Sep 19 12:57:47 EDT 2003

So can HenWen dynamically deal with attacks, like updating iptables and
such?

--Just wondering because that would be great to be able to utilize the
built in firewall ability that OS X exposes to the user.

Lewis Donofrio at ...1052...      College of Literature, Science, & Arts
1007 East Huron, Room 201,    BetaID:243340     Cell: (734) 323-8776
Ann Arbor,MI 48104-1690 www.umich.edu/~donofrio Fax: (734) 647-8333

-----Original Message-----
From: Nick Zitzmann [mailto:seiryu at ...5068...]
Sent: Thursday, September 18, 2003 4:20 PM
To: dan
Cc: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Snort-users] Mac OS X

On Tuesday, September 16, 2003, at 10:01  AM, dan wrote:

> Sorry for my incompetence in Unix command lines.
> Can someone to give me a plain and easy understanding how to install
> Snort
> 2.0.1 on a Mac and how to run it ?

Just use HenWen: <http://seiryu.home.comcast.net/henwen.html>

I will have an update out very soon that includes the new version of
Snort that was released yesterday.

Nick Zitzmann
AIM/iChat: dragonsdontsleep
Check out my software page: http://seiryu.home.comcast.net/

"I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my
telephone. My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my
telephone." - Bjarne Stroustrup