[Snort-users] Signatures Change log anyone?

Erek Adams erek at ...950...
Thu Sep 18 05:08:25 EDT 2003

On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 snort at ...8664... wrote:

> I am not sure if this is the best place to ask this or if I should join
> the Signatures list and submit it there but here it goes.
>
> Any chance that we can get he snort signatures tarball to include a change
> log. Nothing fancy just a simple file saying
> “updated xyz signatures on file <filename>.rules”
> “added abc signature on file <filename>.rules”
>
> I would make it easier for those of us that do updates to signatures
> manually (snort on Windows ya know) to do our updates without having to
> run a text file comparison utility.

That's something that's sent out to the snort-sigs list each time there is
an update.

Another option:  Use Oinkmaster [0].  In fact the output email to
snort-sigs _comes_ from Oinkmaster.  ;-)

Cheers!

-----
Erek Adams

[0]	http://www.algonet.se/~nitzer/oinkmaster/