[Snort-users] Problems compiling barnyard

Sean Perry sean.perry at ...10058...
Wed Sep 17 10:01:11 EDT 2003

zottmann at ...8178... wrote:

> Hi!
>
> We have installed mysql from source in our system, in /usr/local/mysql.
>
> We try to run ./configure in barnyard´s source directory but it always
> complains something about not finding some mysql components.
>
> When we specify all the options
>
> "--enable-mysql --with-mysql-includes=/usr/local/mysql/include/mysql
> --with-mysql-libraries=/usr/local/mysql/lib/mysql"
>
> it gives the following error:
>
> "ERROR: unable to find mysqlclient library checked in the following places
> /usr/local/mysql/lib/mysql"
>
> As a test, we compiled Snort with support to mysql, in the same box, and it
> worked fine....
>
> What may be wrong?

Thanks, I forgot to file a bug on this (not sure where but it needs one).

In MySQL 4 and up the proper function to test for is mysql_real_connect.
  The barnyard configure script checks for mysql_connect.