[Snort-users] problems during configure phase

Erek Adams erek at ...950...
Wed Sep 17 05:48:04 EDT 2003

On Tue, 16 Sep 2003, [ISO-8859-1] Lu�s Vit�rio Cargnini wrote:

> hi dudes, i saw at msiling archive that a lots of persons are having the
> following problem:
> "
> checking for pcap_datalink in -lpcap... no
>
>    ERROR!  Libpcap library/headers not found, go get it from
>    http://www.tcpdump.org
>    or use the --with-libpcap-* options, if you have it installed
>    in unusual place
> "
> but i don't saw a solution for this could someone help me to achieve the
> solution for this problem.

Uhhhhh...  Did you go to http://www.tcpdump.org and get libpcap?  Maybe
I'm a crazy kind of person, reading error messages and such....  ;-)

And use the marc groups for your archive.  They are more complete than
whatever you're using.

	http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=snort-users&r=1&w=2

Cheers!

-----