[Snort-users] How to upgrade from Snort 1.9.1 to 2.0.1 Please....

Snortty cwcwcwg at ...131...
Tue Sep 16 06:50:12 EDT 2003

I'm running snort 1.9.1 on Solaris 8, it works fine,
just reporting lots of errors when run it after
downloading new rules.

I plan to upgrade it to Snort 2.0.1, but want to make
sure before going ahead - better having the old snort
working than a newer one which is not.

Do I have to remove snort 1.9.1 first and how to do it
the right way? or just install the new one on top of
the old one.

I did which snort, it reports:
# which snort
/usr/local/bin/snort