[Snort-users] how to run windows sensor on the second NIC

Always Bishan bishan4u at ...1396...
Tue Sep 16 05:07:04 EDT 2003

Hi Snorters,

I have a windows sensor. I want it to listen to my DSL
interface a ppp connection and not on my LAN.

When I do run ipconfig command at the command prompt,
it first shows the local interface and then the DSL
interface.

The problem I'm facing is that while running snort we
need to give a -i option and 1, if I try giving 2 it
fails.

How do I make it to listen on the ppp interface?

Also how do I automatically update signature or rules
on this windows sensor?

Thanx,
Bishan