[Snort-users] 240,000 alerts

John Creegan jcreegan at ...9729...
Mon Sep 15 13:14:05 EDT 2003

You've hit a topic near and dear to my heart today.  I *just* had to do
two things:
     1. Change the max_script_runtime variable in acid_conf.php.  I
used 300 seconds.
     2. If your browser is using a proxy server, make sure you bypass
it for local addresses.  Check
         with your network admin to make sure there's no problem in
doing that.

Good luck.

On Mon, 2003-09-15 at around 14:00, Bryan Irvine wrote:

>I suppose I should add what the problem is...;-)
>
>It times out after deleting only a couple thousand or so.
>This would take me all week to do if I had to do it manually.

>On Mon, 2003-09-15 at 11:46, Bryan Irvine wrote:
>> I checked ACID this morning to find that I had 240,000 Web-CGI
redirect
>> alerts.  ugh...  How can I delete all of these?
>>
>> I've tried upping the max_script_runtime per some
(dated)documentation I
>> found on the web, but it doesn't seem to make any difference.
>>
>> Is there another option I need to change? or should I do this
directly
>> in postgres itself?
>>
> --Bryan

information intended for a specific individual and purpose,
and is protected by law.  If you are not the intended recipient,
you should delete this message and are hereby notified that any
disclosure,copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking
of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited.