[Snort-users] Snort Newbie with problem

Technic technic at ...10068...
Fri Sep 12 15:45:09 EDT 2003

Hello all. I just installed PureSecure this week and all has been running fine till I made a change in snort.conf today. Today I decided to change the HOME_NET settings and the EXTERNAL_NET settings from "any" to the following:

var HOME_NET [10.10.1.0/24,10.10.2.0/24]

var EXTERNAL_NET !$HOME_NET

Now that I did those changes all of my sensors send back this: Snort Error: Error while trying to start Snort

I can't figure out where the problem is. As soon as I change both HOME_NET and EXTERNAL_NET to "any", everything is fine. Can someone give me a hand? Any help is most appreciated.

CJ