[Snort-users] Barnyard problem (reprise)

Erek Adams erek at ...950...
Fri Sep 12 12:43:51 EDT 2003

On Thu, 11 Sep 2003, John Creegan wrote:

> Arggh!  I just noticed when I got my copy of the email I sent a while
> back some weirdness crept in, so I"m reposting with something a bit more
> sensible.  Please ignore the 1st posting in favor of this one.

[...snip...]

> 2. For what it's worth, /usr/ccs/bin/m4 does exist, and is version
> 1.4.
>
> Compiler output:
> WARNING: Using auxiliary files such as `acconfig.h',
> `config.h.bot'WARNING: and `config.h.top', to define templates for
> `config.h.in'WARNING: is deprecated and discouraged.WARNING: Using the
> third argument of `AC_DEFINE' andWARNING: `AC_DEFINE_UNQUOTED' allows
> define a template withoutWARNING: `acconfig.h':WARNING:
> AC_DEFINE([NEED_MAIN], 1,WARNING:             [Define if a function
> `main' is needed.])WARNING: More sophisticated templates can also be
> produced, see theWARNING: documentation.autom4te: need GNU m4 1.4 or
> later: /usr/ccs/bin/m4autoheader: /usr/local/bin/autom4te failed with
> exit status: 1make: Fatal error: Command failed for target
> `stamp-h.in'

Welcome to the wonderful world of Solaris.

Do just what it says:  Install GNU m4.  Put it in /usr/local/bin and make
sure that dir is ahead of /usr/ccs/bin in the search path.

All will be well after that.

Cheers!

-----
Erek Adams